Government looking to withdraw from Greencastle Harbour Project

first_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter By News Highland – January 25, 2010 Pinterest WhatsApp Pinterest Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Newscenter_img Government looking to withdraw from Greencastle Harbour Project Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal It seems the governments involvement in the Greencastle Harbour Project is coming to an end.Concerns were raised earlier this month when the government said only 104,000 euro would be made available for the 35,000,000 euro project this year. It was confirmed at today’s council meeting that to date 8,000,000 euro has been spent on constructing a breakwater in the harbour. Of that Donegal County Council is liable for 900,000 – just 300,000 euro has been paid over to date. In a response to a question on the issue from Councillor Martin Farren, the council says that following meetings with the Department of Fisheries and Food, it is understood that the Department wishes to make the project safe, disengage from it and hand responsibility back to Donegal County Council. 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ Facebook Facebook Previous articleCouncillors squable over Twin Towns leisure centreNext articleUdaras reports a net loss of 21 jobs in Donegal last year News Highland WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic last_img

Leave a Reply