RCMP is once again reminding the public of a CRA scam. Police first made the public aware at the end of June, and several complaints have been issued over the past number of days relating to the scam once again.Police are reporting that the scammers will tell the victim that they are wanted for tax fraud or tax evasion and that there will be a warrant out for their arrest unless money is wired or prepaid credit card codes are supplied.In a release Corporal Jodi Shelkie said, “Citizens should be aware that the Canada Revenue Agency will never ask for any kind of payment to be wired to them or for prepaid credit cards. These fraudsters can be very aggressive and intimidating. They may call back many times and make threats that the police will be at their residence to make an arrest within 30 minutes unless money is wired to them immediately. People should hang up on these callers and consider blocking the number if they repeatedly call back.”- Advertisement -If you believe you have been contacted by a scammer RCMP advise contacting the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501, or online at CAFC Fraud Reporting.
- Falcao’s mum hints at United exit
- Cricket News India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli put India in commanding position
- Notre Dame torches Syracuse football with 5 50-plus-yard touchdowns
- Rory McIllroy just 3 off the lead on Day 2 of the Open
- Knicks, Lakers most valuable NBA clubs – Forbes