For the first time, women’s Touch Football will be played during an NRL Finals Series with the champion Eastern Suburbs Sydney Roosters taking centre-stage tomorrow during the NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series double-header at Allianz Stadium.The reigning Vawdon Cup and State Cup champions will play an exhibition match against the Manly Sea Eagles, just a month after the NRL and Touch Football Australia announced an historic sporting partnership representing the biggest boost to participation and game development in the history of either sport.“Tomorrow’s match is a great demonstration of why the new partnership between the NRL and Touch Football Australia works so well,” NRL General Manager League Integration and Game Development, Mr Andrew Hill.“Rugby League is moving into our finals series and the Touch Football season has just started.“People can now get involved in our sport all year round.“The women’s match between the Roosters and the Sea Eagles couldn’t be a more fitting curtain-raiser leading into the second match of Saturday between the Roosters and Sea Eagles.”TFA CEO Colm Maguire said “we are very excited at the prospect of seeing the NRL-TFA partnership come to fruition through the demonstration of an elite Women’s game at the NRL Finals showcase this weekend. This is a great demonstration of the partnership in action and provides spectators at the ground and the Touch Football and Rugby League communities with just a taste of what is in store this weekend and throughout the NRL Finals Series.”The game will commence at 6:06pm.Related LinksWomen’s Game at NRL Finals
- Tesla is now bigger than BP, GSK, and Lloyds Bank combined. Should UK investors buy TSLA shares today?
- DEC raises record £1.5m by text for East Africa Appeal
- UAPA- “In Absence Of Any Connection Between Alleged Act And Property Recovered, It Cannot Be Assumed That Property Was Acquired By Terrorist Act”: Patna HC
- Before turning the tassel, a look back
- Wolf Administration Announces Report Showing Decline in Prescription Opioid Misuse Among Young Adults