SYRACUSE, NY – DECEMBER 17: General view of the back of a Syracuse Orange warm up shirt to honor former player Pearl Washington prior to the game against the Georgetown Hoyas at the Carrier Dome on December 17, 2016 in Syracuse, New York. (Photo by Rich Barnes/Getty Images)This week, Syracuse fans began raising money for former Orange star Pearl Washington, who is battling a brain tumor and needs significant, round-the-clock medical care. There’s also a website “Prayers for Pearl” where people can purchase shirts and donate to the cause. Tonight, Syracuse basketball is getting in on the act, and the team will be wearing special “Pearl” warm-up shirts before taking on Notre Dame. The shirts are very cool, featuring Pearl’s No. 31 and his name written in the same vintage script that appeared on the ‘Cuse jerseys in the 1980s. These are awesome. Kudos to Syracuse and our continued best wishes to Pearl.
- 63 Compton / Doone Silver Architects
- Men’s tennis falls in Big 12 Semifinals
- AbilityFirst Teamed Up with LA Rotary Club for Their Annual Bowling Party for Children and Adults with Disabilities
- Weber State’s Kate Sorensen Competes Well Saturday At UW Invitational
- Borderland Music & Arts Festival Announces 2019 Lineup: Gov’t Mule, Greensky Bluegrass, Mavis Staples, More