Los Angeles: Actor-singer Aaliyah is set to be immortalised in wax at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas. The wax figure of the Princess of R&B will be installed in the throwback room of the museum and will be unveiled on August 21, reported Billboard. The official Twitter page in the memory of recording artist also confirmed the news. “We are proud to announce that Aaliyah will be the next iconic star immortalized in wax at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas (sic)” the tweet read. Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka Fans and visitors will be open to viewing the statue starting on August 22. Aaliyah, aged 22, died in a plane crash in 2001 on her way back to the US from her “Rock the Boat” video shoot in the Bahamas. The single “Try Again” earned her a Grammy Award nomination for Best Female R&B Vocalist. Her third album ‘Queen of the Damned’ was released posthumously in 2002.
- Ranieri axed by struggling Fulham after just four months
- Steven Gerrard admits he had injection ahead of ‘slip’ game with Chelsea
- Red Bluff Junior Round-Up holds Cattle Days at fairgrounds
- Steve Kerr explains why Alfonzo McKinnie is part of Warriors’ playoff rotation
- Cheerio! Raiders QB Derek Carr, back in London, is trolled in the NFL shop